After completing the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet, I wanted to reflect on how I felt the first phase went.
- Feeling full – Eating Protein makes you feel fuller for longer, so I found that I had much less of an appetite on the AP.
- Feeling healthier for not eating fatty foods – I read in the Dukan Diet book, something along the lines of ‘how can you expect to lose your own fat, when you are eating the fat of another animal’ (not a direct quote). That really stuck with me and it something that has popped into my mind often this past week.
- Surprisingly no withdrawals from sugar.
- Hardly any cravings for other foods.
- Enjoying an allowed glass of Coke Zero now and then (and actually drinking less than I normally would).
- Seeing results instantly…the best motivation!
- Eating only protein is quite a bit more expensive than also having vegetables in your diet.
- Getting over the first hurdles of eating out with family and friends, and having to think about the Dukan Diet and how you can make it suit you.
- Some days I got stuck in a rut of eating the same things over and over. You need to remind yourself about having variety in your diet, otherwise you could easily get bored.
- Not regularly going to the toilet as before starting the Dukan Diet.
This is by no mean a comprehensive list, so please add in the comments other things you would add to either Pro’s or Con’s for the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet.