I really had a craving for a hearty dinner tonight, and I bought some diced beef last night anticipating this.
Beef Casserole Recipe
Makes 2 Serves
Suitable for Cruise Phase (PP & PV)
(The recipe contains 1 tbsp of cornflour and I’m not certain that it’s allowed on Attack, so I wouldn’t suggest it.)
500g Diced Beef
2 cloves Garlic
1 tbsp Cornflour
1 tsp Chicken Stock Powder
1/2 cup Water
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1. Place the Cornflour and Black Pepper in a freezer bag.
2. Add the Beef.
3. Mix the Beef, Cornflour and Pepper together and try and to get an even coating.
4. Chop the Onion and Garlic
5. Spray a flameproof dish with Olive Oil, wipe away excess with paper towel.
6. Soften Onions and Garlic. You may need to add a dash of the Water to help the cooking along.
7. Add Beef and Brown. Again, you may wish to add a dash of the Water to help the Beef move freely.
9. Add in the Mustard, Chicken Stock, Freshly Cracked Black Pepper and the remaining Water.
10. Allow to slowly simmer until Beef is cooked and Gravy is reduced.
- I used my flameproof casserole dish … as I love it 🙂 I’m sure you could use a heavy based saucepan or whatever else you have at home.
- It might sound silly using Chicken Stock Powder, but it’s all I had in the cupboard. You may want to use Beef Stock Powder if you have it, although using Chicken didn’t take away from the flavour.
- If you are on a PV day it would be yummy to add other veggies like more onion and mushrooms, yum!