Otherwise known as Capsicums (here in Aus), I found some baby red ones at Costco and they were calling my name. As I had been thinking about making this recipe for a while before starting Dukan, I knew this is what I would be making with them. So I had a think about how to Dukanify the recipe, and here it is….. Watch out! You will be making this over and over again, it was sooooo good!
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Suitable for Cruise Phase (PV)
1 large Onion
2 cloves Garlic
Olive Oil Spray
1 tin Tomatoes
2 tsp Soy Sauce
2 tsp Chicken Stock Powder
1/4 cup Water
10 baby red Capsicums
500g Beef Mince
2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
Freshly cracked Black Pepper
2 tbsp Oat Bran
2 BabyBel Light Cheeses
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Finely chop the Onion and Garlic.
3. Spray a non-stick frying pan with Olive Oil, wipe excess away.
4. Saute Onions and Garlic until translucent. Remove half of the mixture to a large mixing bowl. Leave remaining half in frying pan.
5. Add to frying pan the tin of Tomatoes, Soy Sauce, Chicken Stock and Water. Allow to simmer until some of the liquid has evaporated.
6. Pour the Tomato mixture into the base of a baking dish.
7. Wash and cut the tops off the capsicums. Only cut a very thin layer off if you are using baby Capsicums. Using a teaspoon, remove the membrane and seeds inside the capsicum. If there are some seeds stuck a quick rinse will do the trick.
8. In the bowl with the Onions, add the Mince, Cayenne Pepper, Pepper, Egg and Oat Bran.
9. Give it a really good mix with your hand to get all of the ingredients combined.
10. Using a teaspoon, fill the Capsicums with the mixture and firmly pack it in.
11. Place the Capsicums in the baking dish on the Tomatoes.
12. Cover each Stuffed Capsicum with a thin slice of BabyBel Cheese.
13. Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
14. Remove foil and bake for 15 minutes longer. The dish is ready when the Capsicums are cooked.
- I had some mince mixture left over, so I made some Rissoles for my dinner tomorrow night.
- You could easily use regular sized Capsicums, just cut them in half from top to bottom and prepare everything else the same. You might not have mince left over if you use the larger Capsicums.
- We got two dinners (of 3 Capsicums) and two lunches (of 2 Capsicums) out of this recipe.
- In my version I used Soy Sauce and Chicken Stock Powder….because that’s what I had in the cupboard. I am not one to race out and buy another ingredient unless it is vital. You could use Worcestershire Sauce and Beef Stock Powder and I’m sure you would have just as delicious results, maybe even more so! Nah, I take that back, this dinner Rocked!