This is a great recipe if you are feeling like some comfort food. We shared this between us (we were very hungry) and it filled us up a little too much! It would more reasonably serve 3-4 people, depending on how hungry you are.
Beef Bolognese Recipe
Suitable for Cruise Phase (PV)
500g Lean Beef Mince
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 Clove Garlic, finely chopped
5 Mushrooms, chopped
1 tin Diced Tomatoes
1 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1/4 cup Water
2 tsp Chicken Stock Powder (optional)
1. Spray a frying pan with Olive Oil and wipe the excess away with paper towel.
2. Soften the Garlic and Onions in the frypan.
3. Add mince and brown, breaking up into small lumps.
4. Add Mushrooms and cook for a couple of minutes until they begin to soften.
5. Add in the tin of Tomatoes, Water, Dijon Mustard, Oregano, Basil, Pepper and Chicken Stock Powder.
6. Allow to simmer slowly for 15 or so minutes, stirring occasionally, until a bit of the liquid has been evaporated.
- Feel free to add in extra veggies that you like…this is just what I had in the fridge.
- This would freeze really well if you wanted to make some ahead of time to have and have it on a PV day.