I originally got this recipe here, but thought I would post it up so you could all see and have a go at making them, please do…they are fantastic! I’ve made a couple of little changes to the recipe to suit what I have.
I’ve never made a cake mix in the blender before, this is such an easy recipe with not much washing up 🙂
Vanilla Moist Cake Muffins
Makes 6 Muffins
Suitable for Cruise Phase
- 2 tbsp Wheat Bran
- 4 tbsp Oat Bran
- 6 tbsp Skim Milk Powder
- 3 Egg Whites
- 1 Whole Egg
- 1 tub (175g) Fat Free Vanilla Yoghurt
- 3 tbsp Sweetener (I use Splenda)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- Dash of Cinnamon
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius. Line a texas muffin tin with large cupcake liners…this saved on cleaning up and since the muffins tend to stick, you don’t have to worry about using and fats to grease the tin.
2. Place Yoghurt, Egg White and Egg into a blender and give a quick whizz until it’s all combined.
3. Add all the other ingredients and whizz again until well combined…you might need to scrape the sides down with a spatula.
4. Pour evenly into the 6 muffin cups.
5. Bake for 25 minutes.
6. Let the muffins cool for a while in the tray, then transfer them to a wire rack if you have one.
- The tops get very brown, that’s ok, it doesn’t affect the taste.
- The finished muffins don’t turn out huge in the end, more like regular size, because they sink when they come out of the oven.