Something that’s been kicking around in my head this weekend…Pumpkin Bread (Dukan friendly of course!) I made this Sunday night, kind of an experiment and I am really happy with the results…It is very flavoursome 🙂
Dukan Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Makes approx 12 slices
Suitable for Cruise PV
300g Butternut Pumpkin
9 level tbsp Oat Bran
9 level tbsp Wheat Bran
3 tsp Baking Powder
2 tsp Dried Oregano
2 tsp Dried Sage
75g Cottage Cheese
1/4 cup Skim Milk
2 Eggs, lightly beaten
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Peel and cut the pumpkin. Steam until soft (I microwaved mine for 5 minutes with a little bit of water).
3. Mash the Pumpkin with a fork and allow to cool.
4. Place pumpkin in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
5. Transfer mixture to a loaf pan. I used a silicone one so I didn’t need to grease it at all. Smooth flat with a spatula.
6. Bake for 45 minutes.
7. Allow to cool for a while in the loaf pan then transfer to a wire rack to cool…Or if you can’t wait, cut off a little slice right then and there!
- I don’t know if this recipe would be suitable to freeze, I might give it a go with some pieces and see how they turn out.
- The recipe has turned out moist, but I don’t mind it. I’m considering cutting off thin slices and rolling them flat, then baking for a little while to get some kind of cracker.