This recipe is from Jamie aka Carbarella at Your Lighter Side. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe…because it’s also suitable for people who are on diets other than Atkins 🙂
These rolls turn out very light, yet firm enough to hold. All I can say is have a go at them, they really are quite easy.
Low Carb ‘Bread’ Rolls Recipe
Suitable For Cruise PP & PV
Olive Oil Spray
3 Large Eggs
Pinch of Cream of Tartar
90g Philadelphia Extra Light Cream Cheese, cold, straight from the fridge
I added a dash of Garlic Powder and Onion Powder because I was making savoury rolls, you can add a tsp of Sweetener for a sweet version…don’t add both 😛
1. Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius. Lightly spray a baking sheet with Olive Oil Spray.
2. Separate the eggs into 2 large bowls, whites in one, yolks in the other. The egg whites must be in a bowl completely free of grease or anything else.
3. Add the Cream Cheese and flavourings to the Egg Yolks.
4. Add the Cream of Tartar to the Egg Whites.
5. Using an electric mixer, beat the Egg Whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Transfer the electric mixer to the other bowl and mix the Egg Yolk mixture until well combined.
7. Very gently (without knocking out the air) transfer 1/4 of the Egg Whites to the yolk mixture and gently fold through.
8. Add the remaining Egg Whites and very gently fold through.
9. Drop the mixture into 6 even ‘mounds’ on the baking tray, gently flatten.
10. Bake for 30 minutes. Turn the tray halfway through baking. You want the rolls to be softer rather than crumbly.
11. Cool for 5 minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.
- Next time I will cook mine for 35 minutes, to make them a bit more cooked in the centre.