This is something that I made last week for dinner, just out of the Attack ingredients I had in the kitchen. It turned out amazing! The liquid from the Cottage Cheese leaked out of the Chicken, so all that was left inside was a creamy mixture. I don’t have step by step photos, but I hope my recipe makes sense for you. Feel free to ask any questions if there’s something you are unsure about.
Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Suitable for Attack Phase
2 large or 3 small Chicken Breasts
Ham (I used 12 small slices for 3 small Chicken Breasts)
3 big spoonfuls of Cottage Cheese
Cracked Black Pepper
about 1 tsp Ground Sage Leaves
Olive Oil spray
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Lightly spray a small oven dish with Olive Oil, gently wipe away excess oil with paper towel.
2. In a small bowl mix together the Cottage Cheese, Black Pepper & Ground Sage
3. With a sharp knife cut a pocket into the side of each Chicken Breast, being careful not to cut the whole way through the Chicken.
4. Spoon the Cottage Cheese mixture into the Chicken Breast pockets. Try and close the Chicken Breast back together if you can by pinching the chicken with your fingers.
5. Wrap the Chicken Breast with the slices of Ham, covering the opening first.
6. Place the Chicken Breasts in the oven dish, evenly spaced apart.
7. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. I had to cover my dish with foil after 15 minutes as the Ham was starting to brown very quickly.
I thought I would have a play around with making some healthy chicken nuggets for dinner as I needed to use up my Oat Bran quota for today. They turned out really nice and yummy. Using my previous cooking skills/knowledge this is my first “Dukanified” recipe. Let me know how you go.
Homemade Chicken Nuggets Recipe
Suitable for Attack Phase
1 Chicken Breast (skin and visible fat removed)
1 Egg White
Dash of Skim Milk
3 tbsp Oat Bran
Freshly Cracked Black Pepper
Paprika (to taste)
Spray Olive Oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a small bowl combine the Egg White and Milk. Whisk until combined.
- In another small bowl, combine the Oat Bran, Pepper and Paprika. Feel free to add other herbs/spices to your taste.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces (possibly resembling chicken nuggets).
- Pat dry with paper towel (this is instead of the traditional flour 1st step).
- Take one piece of Chicken and coat it in the Egg White. Transfer it to the Oat Bran bowl and coat with mixture. It’s good if you can have one hand for wet and one for dry, to make your fingers less sticky.
- When Chicken is coated, transfer to a wire rack. Repeat with all Chicken. The wire rack is to allow the nuggets to dry out a bit and be more crunchy, leave for 5 minutes.
- Spay a non-stick oven tray with the Oil for 1 second. Gently wipe it with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Cook the nuggets on the tray for 10 minutes. Turn and return to oven for another 10 minutes. Depending on the size of your nuggets you may need to cook for longer. I cut one open to see how much longer they needed.
- I got 16 small nuggets from one chicken breast, it was enough for a small meal for 2.
- I also made a dipping sauce out of Natural Yoghurt and Dijon Mustard. I am on attack so was limited for choice, I would have liked to have a tomato based sauce, maybe next time.